To celebrate eight years of blogging, Bish Denham is hosting the Listing Hop. Participants merely list between 5 to 25 things, in any category.
Though I have a lot of favorite names, in many different languages, I’ll keep my list to 24, with 12 names for each sex. Some have been among my favorites almost since I can remember, while others only became favorites within more recent memory.
1. Easter (one of the two names I’ve loved the longest)
2. Echo (the other name I’ve loved longest)
4. Anastasiya/Anastasia (only with the proper Eastern European pronunciation, Ah-nah-STAH-see-yah)
5. Octavia, Tavie for short
6. Eulalia (Yu-LAHL-yah), Lally for short
9. Zvonimira (meaning “the sound of peace”)
11. Zora (meaning “dawn”)
1. Samuel (the name I still hope to someday give to a child of mine)
4. Arthur (which I think would be a really good name for me if I were a man)
5. Wolfram (another name I think would suit me well were I a man)
9. David (in spite of its massive overuse, I’ve always loved this name)
10. Zvonimir, Zvonko for short